Connect with Zoom
To help us stay connected as best possible, we will be using Zoom, a web-based video- and teleconferencing platform. If you are new to Zoom (or want to refine your skills), we offer instructions and helpful hints.
- Download and install the Zoom App on your computer, smartphone or tablet prior to joining a meeting.
- Go to zoom.us
- Click “Sign Up – It’s Free” at the upper right, OR
- Go to the “Resources” tab at the upper right and click on “Download Zoom Client”
- Follow the instructions listed.
- Note: if you click on a link to join a Zoom and do not already have Zoom installed, you will be prompted to download the app before you can join the call.
Join a Zoom Call
A few minutes before your Zoom is scheduled to begin, click on the Zoom link you were given.
Tips for Participating
There is a menu of options at the bottom of your screen (if you don’t see the menu, just move your cursor to or tap the bottom of your screen, and it will pop up):
- Mute – Unless you are the meeting organizer, please mute your microphone; this is especially important when there are multiple participants. You can unmute when called on to make a comment.
- Stop Video – This option turns off your webcam. You can still see others, but they cannot see you.
- Chat – This opens a panel where you can type a question or make a comment. Within the panel, you will have options for chatting with everyone or selecting a specific participant.
- Leave Meeting – When the meeting ends (or when you need to go), click here or simply close the app.
At the top of the screen, you have view options. A Speaker View highlights the person speaking in a larger window. A Gallery View shows all participants in small boxes with the speaker highlighted yellow.