Membership in a house of worship is a very personal decision, and we are happy that you are considering joining Temple Beth-El. Our synagogue provides more than a place for you to worship. We are a very active and vibrant community that strives to build strong Jewish connections and values for all our members. Singles, couples and families with children are all involved in our robust congregational life.
Temple Beth-El (TBE) means:
Talented Clergy, Professional Staff and Leaders
- Committed, talented, caring clergy who develop creative educational, religious and cultural programming to meet the needs of our diverse congregation
- Enthusiastic and well qualified professional staff to support our growing congregation
- Devoted group of lay leaders who add their individual talents to our vision and our programming.
Building Community Connections
- Encouraging participation in temple life through our committees and many activities
- Providing opportunities to connect socially for all ages and interests through our three age-appropriate Youth Groups, Sisterhood, Brotherhood, Interfaith, Cultural Arts, and Renaissance Group programs
- Engaging in Social Action initiatives locally and beyond. TBE is one of the founding members of the Interfaith Hospitality Network of Somerset County.
Extensive Educational Programming
- Challenging age-based learning for our Religious School students, continuing through B’nai Mitzvah to Confirmation and, ultimately, Post-Confirmation classes for 11th & 12th graders
- A unique special needs program to ensure that all students at all skill levels are included in Jewish education
- Various opportunities for adult learning, including Hebrew, Torah and Talmud Study, Adult B’nai Mitzvah, as well as LIFE (Learning Is For Everyone) programs.
Please call our office at 908-722-0674 to express your interest in Temple Beth-El, or e-mail the Chair of Membership, ChairMembership@TempleBethElNJ.org. We will be glad to discuss membership at Temple Beth-El with you! And feel free to join us for Shabbat services each Friday at 8:00 PM.